When a remote connection is established with Integrated Lights-Out/Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO/iLO2) using Internet Explorer 8, the browser may stop responding due to Internet Explorer 8 security features. The issue occurs while connecting to the iLO webpage and starting IRC or another iLO/iLO2 remote console client.
Any ProLiant server using Integrated Lights-Out/Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO/iLO2) and connecting to a Remote Client using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.
As a workaround, the iLO/iLO2 IP address or DNS name can be added to the Intranet Explorer 8 "Local Intranet" zone that lists Intranet websites.
Perform the following steps to add the DNS website name or IP address:
- In Internet Explorer 8 click on "Tools->Internet Options" and the Internet Options pop-up will be displayed.
- Click on the "Security" Tab.
- Select the "Local Intranet" icon and click on the "Sites" button to the right and the "Local Intranet" pop-up will be displayed.
- Click on "Advanced" and add the iLO/iLO2 IP address or DNS name into the blank text box and add the website to the local Intranet zone.
- After adding the website, click on "Close" to save the website in the zone.
After adding the iLO/iLO2 IP address or DNS name in the Internet Explorer 8 local Intranet zone, all iLO/iLO2 clients will connect as expected.