VMware: VMworld day 1.1
Yesterday I started my second VMworld experience with the following session.
Session ID: AP08
Session Title: Virtualizing Citrix XENApp Application Server
Length: 1 Hour
Level: Technical Session
Abstract: The session’s intent is to display the following:
– Why does it make sense to virtualize Citrix XENApp Application Servers and Windows Terminal Services on VMware Virtual Infrastructure
– From a business perspective
– From a operational perspective
– From a technical perspective
– What are the technical Best Practices to get best performance and scalability?
– Q&A Speaker: Michel Bond Solution Consultant Global Accounts NL VMware
Holger Temme Solution Consultant VMware
After reading the sessions description I thought it will be a session where the speakers will talk about know issues some best practices and give the audience some better insight on the topic. But this did not comply to any of this. It was a boring and promotional talk about using VMware. This session could be ZIPed to one sentence. Yes it will run on a hypervisor and use VMware. This was really a very disappointing start of VMworld. After this session I wanted to attend the AP11 “Performance Best Practices”, but the sessions was full and I could not enter. So I attended my backup session DV24. It was a good session from Ruben Spruijt and Jeroen van de Kamp about “Project: Virtual Reality Check”. Hit the jump and register to check out their articles about the project it’s worth it. This is it for now… of to Cloud NINE
|Source:||VMworld Europe 2009|