VMware: Tasks time out in VirtualCenter even though it is still running on the ESX host (1002938)
- VirtualCenter task stops responding
- Tasks time out
- If the task runs for more then 15 minutes VMware Virtual Center 2.x times it out but the task still continues the execution on ESX host.
- Next attempt to re-run the task returns the error:
Operation failed since another task is in progress.
VMware VirtualCenter 2.x has a hard coded 15 minutes timeout for any task.
The default 15 minutes timeout value can be changed in VMware VirtualCenter.
- The default value can be changed manually by modifying the vpxd.cfg file and adding the following under <vpxd> section :
- The file is normally located in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/VMware/VMware VirtualCenter/vpxd.cfg
- The value is specified in seconds, default is 900 seconds
- VirtualCenter must be restarted after making the changes to the vpxd.cfg file
Check out the complete knowledge base article after the jump