The 4.0.3 release adds the ObjectTypes parameter to the Package.ini file. You can use this parameter to specify a list of virtual COM objects that are visible to other applications in the physical environment.
The 4.0.3 release changed the name of the VMware ThinApp User’s Manual to ThinApp User’s Guide.
ThinApp 4.0.3 is also a maintenance bug fix release. See Resolved Issues.
ThinApp 4.0.3 addresses issues that affect the following applications:
- Adobe Reader 9
- Adobe Reader 8 Update component on Windows Vista
- Smartplant License Manager
- Microsoft Office Groove
- Windows Live Messenger
- AutoCAD 2000
- eVIT by LUURENS
- VMware vSphere Client
- Internet Explorer 7
- Lotus Notes
- SigmaPlot 11.0
- QuickTime Control Panel
This release resolves these issues:
- COM object creation fails between primary desktop and non-interactive virtual services that affect the Windows Installer service.
- The tlink.exe build utility of ThinApp crashes when multiple language icons exist in an executable file.
- The %SYSTEMSYTEM%\SPOOL folder causes the capture of printer spool files.
This might cause printing errors in a Microsoft Office package.
- Thinapp prevents a captured Lotus Notes package from starting captured Microsoft Office applications to open attachments.
- A captured Internet Explorer 7 package cannot detect external Active Directory policies.
- Acrobat Reader 9 causes 100 percent utilization.
- ThinApp is unable to pass captured batch file shortcut targets that require command-line arguments.
- Log Monitor generates errors when a sandbox on the network is locked by another computer.