VMware: vSphere 5.0 is released with new HA features!
Today VMware announced the release of VMware vSphere 5.0. This is a huge release! Some of the key features of this release include:
- Convergence. vSphere 5.0 is the first vSphere release built exclusively on the vSphere ESXi 5.0 hypervisor architecture as the host platform.
- VMware vSphere Auto Deploy. VMware vSphere Auto Deploy simplifies the task of managing ESXi installation and upgrade for hundreds of machines.
- New Virtual machine capabilities. 32-way virtual SMP, 1TB virtual machine RAM, Software support for 3D graphics, and more.
- Expanded support for VMware Tools versions. VMware Tools from vSphere 4.x is supported in virtual machines running on vSphere 5.0 hosts.
- Storage DRS. This feature delivers the DRS benefits of resource aggregation, automated initial placement, and bottleneck avoidance to storage.
- Profile-driven storage. This solution allows you to have greater control and insight into characteristics of your storage resources.
- VMFS5. VMFS5 is a new version of vSphere Virtual Machine File System that offers improved scalability and performance, and provides Internationalization support.
- Storage vMotion snapshot support. Allows Storage vMotion of a virtual machine in snapshot mode with associated snapshots.
- vSphere Web Client. A new browser-based user interface that works across Linux and Windows platforms.
- vCenter Server Appliance. A vCenter Server implementation running on a pre-configured Linux-based virtual appliance.
- vSphere High Availability. VMware High Availability has been transformed into a cloud-optimized availability platform.