VMware: Easy upgrade to vSphere ESXi 5.1
– Press [Enter] to continue
– F11 Accept and Continue
– Select the correct disk and press [Enter] to continue
– Select the correct option ( Upgrade ESXi / Install ESXi, preserve VMFS / Install ESXi, overwrite VMFS) and press [Enter]
– Confirm the upgrade (in my case) and press F11 to Upgrade
– The upgrade process is finished, dismount the ISO and reboot the host
The host is back online again and the upgrade is finished, build number: 799733
6 thoughts on “VMware: Easy upgrade to vSphere ESXi 5.1”
Indeed versy simple 🙂
Hm I saw you’re HP DL360 G5 host… and that serie isn’t supported anymore for ESXi 5.1
Bedankt voor het online zetten van de stappen, lijkt erop dat nu niets mis kan gaan
Also upgraded, no special things
Upgraded to 5.1 update 1! Thanks for the post.
A question: how can upgrade my datastore from vmfs 5.54 to 5.58? I don’t see any things for to do it.