- Some Citrix NetScaler virtual machine appliance running the guest Operating System with e1000 vNIC driver loses network connectivity
- And also cannot access the console after applying the patches released with ESXi 5.5 Update 2 build 2143827
This issue occurs when the NetScaler virtual machine driver resets TDT to 0 after 511 while the TX ring size is shown as 1024.
This is a known issue affecting Citrix NetScaler virtual machine appliance running on ESXi 5.5 Update 2 build 2143827.
Currently, there is no resolution.
To work around this issue, add the line hw.em.txd=512 in loader.conf file.
To add the line hw.em.txd=512 in loader.conf file:
- Log in to the Citrix NetScaler virtual machine appliance as root
- Locate the loader.conf file on the Netscaler virtual machine appliance by running this command:
find / -name loader.conf
Note: There are two loader.conf files. The two files are ./flash/boot/defaults/loader.conf and ./flash/boot/loader.conf. Modify the first one and ensure to take a backup of the file prior to making the changes.
- Add this line in the loader.conf file
- Save the changes
- Restart the NetScaler virtual machine appliance
- More information: